The International Code Council Exhibit
How might we Tell the story of the international code council's rich history of building safety progress?
The International Code Council (ICC) asked the Design Minds team to help them develop a permanent exhibit space in their Washington DC headquarters that would take visitors on a journey through the organization's extensive history.
Concept: Telling a Visitor-centered Story
Beginning with in-depth research interviews, I worked with the ICC to better understand their story and their contributions to the development of building safety standards. The strategy document above reflects the visual system and strategy for translating the large amount of content from the ICC's archives into a compelling narrative for visitors.
“Most visitors are not experts on your story. Our job is to create experiences that give those visitors a chance to create their own meaningful connections with the storyline.” – Design Minds Website
Roles and Responsibilities
- Exhibit visual design and content development contract.
- Designed spatial layout and elevation planning.
- Collaborated with client on content strategy, translating research and artifact collections into human-centered stories.
- Art directed exhibit branding and visual system for consistent exhibit look and feel.
- Designed information graphics, wall murals, and other art assets.