Casebook Data Analytics
How Might We Empower child welfare workers with meaningful data?
Incorporating timely and contextually-relevant data elements across the Casebook's interface helps support child welfare workers, supervisors and policy makers in their efforts to make data- and evidence-informed—rather than anecdote-based—decisions about child safety, trauma reduction, and permanency. Additionally, by placing both tools and calls to action in interface locations where they are most likely to be needed, we aim to encourage timely updates and increase data completeness.
Prioritizing with the Data Dashboard
On worker dashboards, real-time notifications and alerts help workers to prioritize among the many daily tasks competing for their attention. In order to encourage workers to increase the frequency of required visitations, as well as enter more complete data about upcoming court hearings, we have also added sortable in-line metrics within the Cases tab.
Roles and Responsibilities
- UX Design Lead on agile product
- Collaborated with Product Management on product definition, business goals, and branding.
- Defined research practices for team.
- Designed user interface visual and developed style guide to give shape to product look, feel, and functionality.
- Created wireframes, paper prototypes, clickable prototypes, and strategy deliverables.
Participatory Design Research Deliverable
Stakeholder Map Deliverable